Summer has been a busy time, for me, and for Cupertino poetry lovers. I’ve been away from this blog, doing my poetry work, spending time with family and vacation. But there’s been poetry action, and with this post I want to give an overview of what’s been happening in the past three months.
July 7: Poets in the Park at Rancho San Antonio
- I spent some great time with a friend and her son reading poetry and exploring this local park. Check out the videos!
July 11: California Poets in the Schools at the Silicon Valley STEAM Festival
July 21: Media Poetry Studio Guest Lesson
- My PL colleagues Erica Goss and David Perez invited me to give a lesson to their teen girl campers.
July Cupertino Poet Laureate Selection Committee & Interviews
- The search for the third poet laureate for our city was a lot of hard work, but our committee was great and interest was high!
August 1: Media Poetry Studio Videos Presentation
- Students from this special summer camp presented their video poems at the Milpitas Library.
August 18: Cupertino City Council Appoints New Poet Laureate
- Photos and video on this page. Press from the summer here.
Poet Laureate Vacation Adventures
I had a great vacation and spent some time with poetry and favorite American poets.
- Emily Dickinson Museum, Amherst Massachusetts
- Robert Frost moments at Amherst College
- Friends of the Library Used Bookstores, Boothbay Harbor and Wiscasset Maine
- Placerville, California Bookstore Pleasures